- Composer tips
- Composer is probably one of the most significant tools for the PHP ecosystem. It is the de facto standard for package management in PHP. Still, Composer has some hidden or not so obvious features an functionalities of which many developers...
- Error handling in Zend Expressive
- In one of my Zend Expressive-based projects, among other things I needed to create a error handling implementation capable of processing exceptions and emitting them as errors in a format suitable for a client that initiated the request. In essence,...
- Use cases for anonymous classes
- PHP 7 is becoming more and more adopted among developers, and we now enjoy using scalar and return type declarations, null coalescing operator, new error handling and other cool features that we were eagerly waiting for. There are already many...
- My favorite PHP 7 features
- It has been almost a year since PHP 7 was released into the wild. It gave us lots of great features, and because of some I often ask myself a question: "How could I possibly have lived without them?". Scalar /...
- Self-managed background processing with Beanstalkd and Supervisor
- At my present job, I have the opportunity to work with some interesting technologies that I haven't used before. One of them is Beanstalkd, fast and simple general-purpose work queue. It fits nicely with Supervisor process control system, and together...
Experiences, thinking and tips arising from my professional programming career