- Inheritance - the biggest misconception of OOP
- Recently I had an interesting discussion on the subject I provoked in a post on the official "PHP Srbija” User Group Facebook page. Literal translation of the original post: If I ever decide to be a teacher, first thing...
- Using 3rd-party code
- We are privileged to use all the benefits of open source - plethora of useful frameworks and libraries that solve various kind of problems. Of course, we should be picky and use only test-covered and high-quality code libraries, hopefully with...
- Best practices for handling exceptional behavior
- Dealing with exceptional situations is often neglected aspect of application development. For most, the first association of the notion is throwing/catching exceptions, but actually it is quite a broad topic. Without further ado, I'll move to the point noting that developers...
Experiences, thinking and tips arising from my professional programming career